Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Great Expectations Skits!

Next week we are doing skits from Great Expectations. Here are my top three choices for scenes for skits:

  • The first time Pip goes to see Miss Havisham. It is when Pip first gets told that Miss Havisham's heart is broken and his first impression of Estella. It should include Pip telling Miss Havisham what he thinks of Estella. I think this would be good for a skit because it introduces the characters well and gives you an impression on what they are like.
  • Pip walking down the street in his village when he goes back to see Miss Havisham and keeps running into Trabb's boy. It is so amusing as well as shows how much Pip has changed since he was last in the country.
  • Pip's first visit with the Pocket family. Everyone is so scattered and completely different from what he is used to, along with being his first real encounter with higher raised people. It would be an amusing scene to watch, that's for sure.

4 comments:

  1. I would definitely make a skit out of the first time Pip visits Ms. Havisham. It introduces a new setting that will be very common throughout the book and introduces 2 more major characters. I agree about including the part where Pip is describing what he thinks about Estella. He ends up falling in love with her later so it makes sense to show his first impression of her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think out of those three I would choose to do the last one because so much happens in that scene and the characters are all so interesting. It would be fun to play any of the characters. I hadn't even thought of that scene, but I'll definitely keep it in mind now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that I would most like to see the first suggestion, of when Pip goes to see Miss Havisham for the first time. I think that everyone's idea of how the scene looks and everything would be interesting to see by the actors that would be doing the skit

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to see the one where Pip meets Mrs. Havisham, haha it seems very funny!!

    ReplyDelete