Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Summer Reading List

So many books to read, so little time. For sure this summer I am going to be reading books that I have already read, but there are hopefully going to be some new ones. Here are some books I am going to read:

I am determined to finally finish all the books in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series by Douglas Adams. I have read at least three of them and have tried to finish the series for a long time, but I never have. In the first one, Earth is destroyed by to build a galactic freeway, which isn't actually required anymore now that The Heart of Gold has been built, a spaceship that runs on probability. Arthur Dent was plucked off Earth right before it was destroyed and now travels through space with his friend Ford Prefect, who isn't really from Earth after all, but instead is a researcher for The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (the revised addition).

The second book that I want to read doesn't come out until August 24th, but I think it still counts as summer reading. It is Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. It is the final book in an amazing series that starts with The Hunger Games. It takes place in a futuristic world in which two kids from each of the 12 Districts must fight to the death each year for the entertainment of those in the Capital as a reminder to those in the Districts of what happens when you rebel against the Capital. I have been waiting for this book to come out since I finished the last one, which was approximately one day after it came out. I can't wait until it comes out!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Laura. These sound like great books! I'd never heard about The Hunger Games before. I might be interested in reading it sometime. Enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete